A Message to Our Matrix Community
It has been a roller coaster this year, and families are experiencing increased stress and trauma as a result. At Matrix Parent Network and Resource Center, we recognize our role to ensure that families are receiving the necessary support to weather the storm.
In order to better meet the needs of our families, Matrix will be launching a new clinical services department in 2021. This clinical department will begin with development and facilitation of trainings/workshops related to diagnosis and behavior management, increased support group facilitation, and development of clinical curriculum. Ultimately this department will be providing direct clinical services (individual, couples, and families) that will meet the needs of the whole family, rather than just specified individuals. We acknowledge that the current delivery of clinical services is limited to specific parameters, and it is our goal to fill these gaps in service to support our families.
Our agency staff will also be receiving enhanced training in various techniques and topics that will improve our abilities to support the communities we serve. As community needs transform over time, it is our responsibility to adjust to provide the best services we can.
As we look ahead to 2021, we look forward to positive shifts and changes, and an expansion of services that will benefit parents and families. Thank you for your ongoing support and partnership!
Steve Diamond, Executive Director
What We Can Do For You:
- Parent Advisors to provide you with the tools, information, and skills you need to become your child’s best advocate.
- Training, Activities, and other events listed in our Calendar and Schedule.
- Parent to Parent opportunities to connect you with a trained “Support Parent” who has a child with a similar diagnosis and is skilled at providing emotional support.
- Mental Health Resources / Recursos de Salud Mental including hot lines, warm lines, distress lines (English and Spanish)
- Check out these curated videos from partners and other online resources.
- Transition to Adulthood Resource Guide, a comprehensive resource guide from Matrix.
Transition to Adulthood Resource Guide Tour – take a 10 minute tour!
Let Your Voice Be Heard:
- Join a Community Advisory Committee. Attend CAC (Community Advisory Committee) or SEAC (Special Education Advisory Committee) meetings.