Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources / Recursos
Matrix will be updating our website with valuable information and resources for our community as we receive it. We will also be sending Special Expresses (email news) with links to organizations, articles and tips to help you during this unprecedented time.
Though our offices are closed, our Helpline remains open at 800-578-2592 Monday through Thursday, from 9am – 2pm, and our Parent Advisors are standing by to help you navigate the systems that serve us.
Let’s try and be compassionate and understanding in our dealings with others in our community during this time when coming together will really help us all from falling apart.
- California Dept of Education (CDE): Special Education Guidance for COVID-19
- Also from the CDE: Supporting Students with Disabilities in Distance Learning.
- California is issuing daily Coronavirus updates / California está publicando actualizaciones diarias de coronavirus: https://covid19.ca.gov/
- United States Department of Education’s (USDOE) Office for Civil Rights (OCR) and Office for Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS): A supplemental fact sheet on addressing the risk of COVID-19 in schools while serving students with disabilities: Click here for PDF
- Also from USDOE: Questions and Answers on Providing Services to Children with Disabilities during the Coronavirus Disease 2019 Outbreak: Click here for PDF.
- More from USDOE on COVID-19: Click here for information and resources for schools.
- Center for Parent Information and Resources: https://www.parentcenterhub.org/coronavirus-resources/
- Department of Developmental Services (DDS): Submit your concerns. Click for post on emailing DDS.
- Disability Rights California (DRC): Coronavirus and How DRC Can Help You: Click to view this announcement by DRC.
- Policy Innovators in Education. Click here for varied resources which may be help inform families during school shutdowns.
- The Council on Developmental Disabilities: Plain language COVID-19 resources for our community Click here and locate COVID-19 Resources in the right sidebar.
- National Association of School Psychologists: Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Click here for A Parent Resource.
What We Can Do For You:
- Parent Advisors to provide you with the tools, information, and skills you need to become your child’s best advocate.
- Training, Activities, and other events listed in our Calendar and Schedule.
- Parent to Parent opportunities to connect you with a trained “Support Parent” who has a child with a similar diagnosis and is skilled at providing emotional support.
- COVID-19 Resources / Recursos: Online eNews from Matrix with Curated Links
- Mental Health Resources / Recursos de Salud Mental including hot lines, warm lines, distress lines (English and Spanish)
- Check out these curated videos from partners and other online resources.
- Transition to Adulthood Resource Guide, a comprehensive resource guide from Matrix.
Let Your Voice Be Heard:
- Join a Community Advisory Committee. Attend CAC (Community Advisory Committee) or SEAC (Special Education Advisory Committee) meetings.