Message from Matrix Parent Network
In accordance with recent County and State orders/mandates, Matrix Parent Network will be postponing all in-person meetings, workshops, trainings, and activities until at least May 31st. We will continue to:
- Provide Helpline Support at our usual Helpline hours: Monday through Thursday, 9am – 2pm, when Matrix Parent Advisors are available
- Send e-newsletters full of links to organizations, articles, webinars, trainings and updates regarding school-related closures/changes as set forth by CDE and school districts
- Update our website and Facebook page regularly with valuable information and resources for our community
- Offer training opportunities and distance learning discussion groups through the Zoom Meeting platform starting May 5th
Please check back for a schedule of our upcoming online trainings, support groups and parent discussions. Here’s to being compassionate and understanding in our dealings with others in our community during this time when coming together will really help us all from falling apart.
Thank you all and I hope all stay safe and healthy!
Steve Diamond, Executive Director
What We Can Do For You:
- Parent Advisors to provide you with the tools, information, and skills you need to become your child’s best advocate.
- Training, Activities, and other events listed in our Calendar and Schedule.
- Parent to Parent opportunities to connect you with a trained “Support Parent” who has a child with a similar diagnosis and is skilled at providing emotional support.
- COVID-19 Resources / Recursos: Online eNews from Matrix with Curated Links
- Mental Health Resources / Recursos de Salud Mental including hot lines, warm lines, distress lines (English and Spanish)
- Check out these curated videos from partners and other online resources.
- Transition to Adulthood Resource Guide, a comprehensive resource guide from Matrix.
Let Your Voice Be Heard:
- Join a Community Advisory Committee. Attend CAC (Community Advisory Committee) or SEAC (Special Education Advisory Committee) meetings.