• What is YLF? Six-day program that helps delegates become advocates and leaders in their communities by developing pride in their disability, confidence in their skills, and knowledge of how to discover resources for college, careers, and independent living
• When is YLF? July 13-15, 2023, virtually by Zoom and July 17-19, 2023, in-person at California State University, Sacramento (Delegates will attend both virtual and in-person sessions.)
• Who is YLF For? Students who are Sophomores, Juniors, or Seniors during the 2022-2023 School year, have any type of disability, and exhibit leadership potential.
• Cost: Free! All expenses are free for the selected delegates to attend.
• How to Apply: Submit application, essay, and letter(s) of recommendation to the YLF Student Selection workgroup at YLF@dor.ca.gov
• Deadline to Apply: March 17, 2023
Hear from past delegates about how YLF changed their lives: California YLF Delegate Testimonials
The delegate application, informational guide and outreach flyer are attached for your convenience. Additional information can be found at https://www.dor.ca.gov/Home/YLF. Please share with your networks for distribution as well as to all eligible students.
For additional questions, please send an email to YLF@dor.ca.gov or call the California Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities office at 855-894-3436.