Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Considerations for the Disability Community
AUCD (Association of University Centers on Disabilities) addresses concerns on the COVID-19 vaccine.
This project is sponsored in part by UCEDD Resource Center and National Center on Disability in Public Health, this paper provides information regarding:
- Pre-Distribution considerations
- Distribution guidance
- Considerations for state and local disability leaders
- AUCD Network Vaccine Tools and Resources
Questions answered in this paper:
- I. What is the federal approval process for a COVID-19 vaccine?
- II. What is Operation Warp Speed and how does it impact the federal approval process for a COVID-19 vaccine?
- III. What current vaccine developments are under way?
- IV. I know a COVID-19 vaccine has not yet been approved for use, but has manufacturing started?
- V. Has AUCD provided any guidance for COVID-19 vaccine distribution to federal and/or state governments?
- VI. Have other organizations in the disability community provided any guidance for COVID-19 vaccine distribution to federal and/or state governments?
- VII. What guidance has the federal government provided for COVID-19 vaccine distribution?
- VIII. What guidance has my state provided for COVID-19 vaccine distribution?
- IX. Where do I find my state’s plan?
- X. My state has county and local health departments. Do they have separate plans?
- XI. How will the vaccine be distributed at the local level?
- XII. How can the AUCD network and your AUCD network center be poised to provide guidance to both the disability community and to state and local governments?
- XIII. What should I be looking for in my review of the state COVID Vaccine plan?
- XIV. After I have reviewed my state or local plan, how should I share my feedback and with whom?