Current job opportunities at Matrix Parent Network and Resource Center
Matrix Parent Network is looking for a dedicated Bilingual Parent Advisor to join our team.
Matrix Parent Network & Resource Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Matrix provides both direct services to families and technical support services to other federally-funded parent centers. Matrix is based in San Rafael, CA. in the Marinwood Professional Center. The office is close to freeways and public transportation.
To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Position: Bilingual Parent Advisor
Type: Part-time and Full Time
- Provide personalized information and resources to families with children who have disabilities via phone, email, or in person.
- Conduct informative and engaging trainings in both English and Spanish.
- Build strong relationships with families and community leaders.
- Offer support to families in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Share your knowledge of special education systems and laws.
- Stay updated on best practices in education, community supports, and services.
- Utilize database and software proficiency for effective communication.
- Uphold the principles of excellent customer service.
- Pay meticulous attention to detail.
- Be a collaborative team player.
- Bilingual: Proficiency in English and Spanish (both written and verbal) is a must.
- Personal experience as a parent/caregiver of a child with a disability (ages birth to 26) who has received special education services in California
- Ability to travel to conferences or events as needed.
- Willingness to occasionally work evening and weekend hours.
- Other duties as assigned.