Current job opportunities at Matrix Parent Network and Resource Center
Matrix Parent Network & Resource Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Matrix provides both direct services to families and technical support services to other federally-funded parent centers.
Matrix Parent Network and Resource Center is based in San Rafael, CA. in the Marinwood Professional Center. The office is close to freeways and public transportation.
We’re Hiring a Bilingual Parent Advisor
Mentor families of children (birth to 26 years-old) with special needs or at risk for special needs by providing information, resources, and support to help build their confidence and advocacy skills. Services are provided by phone and one on one consultation, through trainings and workshops (can be virtual), and in collaborative meetings with agencies and professionals. The preferred candidate is a parent of a child with special needs. This is a part-time position, up to 24 hours a week with potential to work in Sonoma, Solano, Napa or Marin Counties depending on community needs. Applicants must live and work in the area where services are delivered.
- Evaluate the needs of parents related to their child’s development, understanding of services, parenting and advocacy skills
- Provide supportive communication, respecting cultural and individual differences
- Model collaboration, problem-solving and organization for parents
- Provide referrals, resources and information on development, special needs, and systems such as Special Education, Regional Centers, and Early Start
- Conduct trainings for parents and professionals and facilitate support groups
- Participate in public awareness activities, community, and inter-agency meetings
- Maintain paperwork, manage time-sensitive services and record client information and data
- Engage in a program of professional development
- Must have experience with families of children with special needs
- Spanish/English fluency in verbal and written communication skills as well as cultural competency with the Spanish speaking community
- Ability to work in emotionally-charged and stressful situations
- Computer and data/information management and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and work collaboratively
To apply, interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume directly to Julie Feliz at email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.