Skip to main content
Coming Together to Help Us From Falling Apart / Unirnos Juntos para Ayudarnos a no Desmoronarnos
Additional COVID-19 related Curated Resources
- Breaking News: All Regional Center Consumers and IHSS Eligible for the Vaccine
- COVID-19 Resources for Parents, Families, and Youth | National Federation of Families
- This resource from IRIS Center offers tips to support your child’s learning at home during the COVID-19 pandemic
- California Department of Public Health: Vaccines: Last updated February 18, 2021 at 8:00 AM
- California opens COVID vaccine to disabled, high-risk people – Los Angeles Times
- Making Decisions about Children Attending In-person School During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Information for Parents, Guardians, and Caregivers
- Coronavirus Response and School Reopening Guidance
- From the American Academy of Pediatrics
- COVID-19 información sobre vacunas del DEPARTAMENTO DE SERVICIOS DE DESARROLLO
- COVID-19 information on vaccines from the DEPARTMENT OF DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICES
- El tiempo frente a las pantallas en la era del coronavirus
- Screen Time in the Age of the Coronavirus
- Pediatricians on Balancing Screen Time, Sleep, and Family During Coronavirus
- Effective Screen Time Limits During the COVID-19 Quarantine
- Children’s Screen Time Has Soared in the Pandemic, Alarming Parents and Researchers
- Education Resources and Guidance for the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Considerations for the Disability Community
- Questions and Answers for K-12 Public Schools In the Current COVID-19 Environment
- Question and Answer (Q & A) document in response to inquiries concerning implementation of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) Part B provision of services in the current COVID-19 environment
- Part B Implementation of IDEA Provision of Services in the Current COVID-19 Environment Q&A Document (Sept. 28, 2020) – Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
- Question and Answer (Q & A) PDF document dated September 28 issued by OSEP (Office of Special Education Programs)
- A Guide to COVID-19 and Early Childhood Development – Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University
- Special Needs Fact Sheet by Ready Army
- Navigating COVID-19 When Your Child/Youth has a Disability
- August 26, 2020: Cohort Guidance and Returning to In-Person Instruction for Schools
- Click here to read current and ongoing eNews from Matrix / Haga clic aquí para leer las noticias electrónicas en línea actuales y en curso de Matrix::
- 7/27/2020: California Department of Education (CDE) issued updated guidance on distance learning issues
- IDEA Part B Dispute Resolution in COVID-19 Environment Q&A Documents (PDF)
- IDEA Part C Dispute Resolution in COVID-19 Environment Q&A Documents (PDF)
- Extension of Early Start Services: DEPARTMENT OF DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICES
- Department of Developmental Services: Coronavirus Information and Resources
- NAMI – COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) INFORMACION Y RECURSOS
- KQED: Información Sobre el Coronavirus
- Special Education Q&A with Marin County SELPA (Inglés y Español)
- Virtual IEP Meeting Tip Sheets, including a sample Virtual IEP Agenda (a collaborative effort across OSEP-Funded Projects)
- Rethinking Schools: A Public Health Guided Return to Site-Based Classroom Instruction in the Age of COVID-19
- Mental Health Resources: in English and en Español
- Disability Rights California: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Education/Special Education K-12
- Coronavirus - Rights of People who get IHSS and Caregivers
- California Dept of Education (CDE): Special Education Guidance for COVID-19
- Also from the CDE: Supporting Students with Disabilities in Distance Learning.
- California is issuing daily Coronavirus updates / California está publicando actualizaciones diarias de coronavirus:
- United States Department of Education’s (USDOE) Office for Civil Rights (OCR) and Office for Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS): A supplemental fact sheet on addressing the risk of COVID-19 in schools while serving students with disabilities: Click here for PDF
- Also from USDOE: Questions and Answers on Providing Services to Children with Disabilities during the Coronavirus Disease 2019 Outbreak: Click here for PDF.
- More from USDOE on COVID-19: Click here for information and resources for schools.
- Center for Parent Information and Resources:
- Department of Developmental Services (DDS): Submit your concerns. Click for post on emailing DDS.
- Disability Rights California (DRC): Coronavirus and How DRC Can Help You: Click to view this announcement by DRC.
- Policy Innovators in Education. Click here for varied resources which may be help inform families during school shutdowns.
- The Council on Developmental Disabilities: Plain language COVID-19 resources for our community Click here and locate COVID-19 Resources in the right sidebar.
- National Association of School Psychologists: Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Click here for A Parent Resource.
- Supplemental Security Income recipients will receive automatic Economic Impact Payments; step follows work between Treasury, IRS, Social Security Administration Click here to view this News Release