A child with special needs is not the only family member to need support. As a parent, sibling or caregiver it can be overwhelming understanding a diagnosis, knowing where to start for services or feeling like you’ve been heard when it comes to your child’s care and education. Matrix Parent Network is here to help fill this gap.
What we can do for you
- Parent Advisors provide assistance regarding health care information, school support, transitions, community resources, or behavior-related issues.
- Activities, events, and trainings are held throughout the year and can be found on our calendar and schedule.
- Parent to Parent connects you with a trained parent “mentor” who has a child with similar diagnosis and is skilled at providing information and support
We are here to listen to your story, help you explore options and get emotional support in a safe space. As a family member you know your child better than anyone; and you are the one coordinating between your home, school and community. We are here to assist you through this experience whether you are just starting out or have hit a bump along the way. Parent Advisors are here to assist you.
The majority of staff at Matrix Parent Network are family members of children with special needs so we know what it is like to go through this process both on a technical and emotional level.
What you can expect
- All of our services are 100% confidential
- Services have no charge for families
- Unbiased, accurate information
- Response within 72 hours of contacting us.
- Parents and family members of a child with special needs (including: medical, disability, mental health, and special education issues) from birth to age 26.
- Professionals who work with children with special needs and their parents.
If you would like to start by speaking with a Parent Advisor, call the Helpline at (800) 578-2592, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete the form below.